COVID-19 - OFFICE PROCEDURE CHANGE:
The Town Clerk's office is closed indefinitely to the public. The office will be staffed and services will be provided to the public by the following methods.
Recording Land Records:
- Submit by mail/UPS/FedEX (Return address must be stated on doc in upper left corner)
- Use drop box at Town Hall. (Return address must be stated on doc in upper left corner)
- Submit online through eRecording. See eRecording section below for further information on how to sign up, obtain a customer ID and submit recordings online.
- Deeds of Conveyance can be accepted through eRecording. For more information on how to submit a deed and payment electronically, see eRecording section and then Deeds of Conveyance. Use the link to the DRS website regarding eREC to continue with a deed filing.
- Once the recording is received, staff will proceed to process and return the final product by mail in 3-4 weeks as long as all requirements are met.
- If a receipt is needed, please include a note with an e-mail address to return information to.
- Any questions can be submitted by phone (860-647-3037) or e-mail (email@example.com)
Searching Land Records:
- Land Records are accessible to search online using the Land Record Portal RecordHUB. See To access Land Records from home/office section below for further information.
- All Land Records/Maps/Tradenames back to 2006/Foreclosure Registrations can be searched using the portal. If an image is unreadable, call (860-647-3037) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and staff will rescan a clear image.
- Indexes only are free to view when the Complimentary subscription is chosen.
- Temporary subscription to access images for free is available with a $2.00 print charge per page. See To access Land Records from home/office section below for further instructions.
Request copies/certification of filed Land Records/Maps (11x17)/Tradenames:
- All copies cost $1.00 including the maps.
- Certification of a Land Record costs an additional $2.00
- Send request by mail. (Include check and vol/page of Land Record)
- Use drop box at Town Hall. (Include check, return env. and vol/page of Land Record)
- Requests will be processed by staff and returned by mail.
SIGN UP TO RECORD ELECTRONICALLY!
(see eRECORDING section below)
Land Record Notice:
The Town Clerk's Office strives to maintain the highest level of quality and accuracy for Land Records. In order to help the Office retain this level of quality and accuracy, we would greatly appreciate any Land Record transactions be completed no later than 4:45pm.
This request is to ensure that the Office's land record recording procedure can be completed by the close of our business day while also maintaining the quality, accuracy and availability of the documents to the public.
We thank you for your understanding and acquiescence.
**CUSTOMER SERVICE SATISFACTION SURVEY FOR TOWN CLERK'S OFFICE**
We would love your feedback! Please complete the quick 4 question survey by clicking the link.
To access Land Records from home/office:
Manchester has moved as of 3/7/2019 from eSearch to RECORDhub.
**IMAGE DISCLAIMER for RECORDhub:**
Manchester images and indexes dating from 1823 to current are available through our online Land Record search. Among the older documents, there are some images that are not entirely legible. The Town Clerk’s Office is continually updating these images to create clear, readable images. Please do not hesitate to call if an image needs updating (860-647-3037). The Town Clerk’s office will try to remedy the issue as soon as possible. The original Land Record books are always available for viewing in the Town Clerk’s office.
- Click the following link for access: Land Records Portal
- Click on View Search Sites and choose Manchester from the Town list.
- Create a RECORDhub account to access records.
- To view the indexes for free, choose the Complimentary subscription.
- To view images and indexes choose the Land Record subscription. After creating an account, select the desired subscription.
Temporary RECORDhub Subscription: COTT Systems press release
To facilitate greater access to your online records, we will be implementing a temporary RECORDhub subscription for Connecticut Town Clerks with NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE and $2.00 per page prints for your customers. This new temporary subscription will be available starting at 12:00 am on Monday, March 23, 2020, and will continue until further notice. The subscription will be named "Land Records – Temporary No Fee" and will be available in the list of subscription options for your town. This is a “day forward” option beginning March 23, 2020. All current RECORDhub subscriptions will remain in effect.
There are many different records that can be found in the Town Clerk’s Office
including Land Records & Maps. Land Records and Maps are permanent records
and are accessible to the public. Copies of these documents can be obtained in
accordance with Statutory and Freedom of Information laws.
Land Records such as copies of Deeds, Mortgages and Maps dating back to 1823
are available at the Town Clerk’s Office. This information can be found in both
paper and digital form. In the 2014-2015 Fiscal Year, the Town Clerk’s office
processed over 7,000 Land Records.
Land Record and Map indexes from 1965 to date are also available on the Town web
site. There is a subscription service available to view these images and make copies
of the data on a 24/7 basis. For more information click on the Land Record Portal link
New OP-236 Conveyance Form (fillable)
Book Content Notice: (change effective 1/14/2019)
Over the last decade or more, a Manchester Land Record book contained 350 pages. Going forward, the Land Record books will now contain 1200-1300 pages per book.
This change starts with book 4584.
LAND RECORD RECORDING FEES (General Statute Sec. 7-34a)
Recording documents - $60.00 first page, $5.00 each subsequent page or portion thereof.
(Public Act 13-247)
Recording Nominee (MERS) - Assignment/Release - $159 flat fee with no additional page fee.
Recording Nominee (MERS) - Other Documents - $159 plus $5 for each additional page.
For a full schedule of Land Record Recording Fees, click on BASIC FEE SCHEDULE
eRecording: Electronically submitted documents for immediate recording on the Land Records
All types of Land Record documents can be submitted through eRecording. The document is recorded and available for public viewing the same day. In order for submitters to get electronically connected to the town for recording, they must first create an account with an eRecording provider such as Simplifile, CSC, ePN or Indecomm. The documents then get uploaded and submitted electronically to the town for recording. Once the payment and image are approved, the document is recorded and then electronically returned to the customer with the assigned volume and page.
*To obtain a customer ID from the town for eRecording please e-mail your information to email@example.com
Deeds of Conveyance:
Benefits of eRecording:
- Faster recording service – document recorded same day
- Eliminate mailing time and costs
- Recorded deed returned electronically the same day
- Eliminate payment errors
- Documents placed on Public records faster
- Increased efficiency
- Reduce rejections
Any questions please call (860) 647-3037 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
CHANGE OF NAME
If you own property in the town of Manchester and you change your name through marriage or other means you should file a CHANGE OF NAME form on the Land Records. For your convenience we have included a link below to a Change of Name form you can use for recording purposes. The fee schedule applies.
If the form is completed by the Town Clerk's office, proof of how your name has changed must be provided.
Link to change of name form